Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's been a fun summer! (Part 2)

I'm back with more of our exciting summer! We didn't take any big trips or do anything really exciting, but we kept busy with small trips, fun playdates with friends, and, of course, more swimming! And it hasn't even been a hot summer here at all - I think we've turned on our A/C maybe 5 or 6 times! Anyway, today's post is all about 4th of July, which was so fun this year. We had a ward party at the park where we had a bike parade and played some old school games, like tug of war and 3 legged races. The bike parade was my favorite, and Eli, Eva, and I really had fun decorating their bike and scooter! We went to the dollar store and pretty much bought everything we thought could work, and I think we did a pretty fancy job!

All lined up, ready for the parade to start!

And they're off!

Later it was time for the games! The tug-of-war match up was the primary kids against the primary teachers, and the kids won!
Then we had 3 legged races - so cute and so fun!

We spent the actual 4th of July BBQing and watching fireworks with Rocky's family. Here's a picture of our little family in our patriotic colors (try to not look at Eva's sourpuss face), and the kids with their cousin, Daniel (Eva has a cute face in this one!).


I hope you enjoyed this post, and I hope your 4th of July was as fun as ours! I am so grateful to live in this beautiful land where we have so many opportunities and freedoms.

Stay tuned for more fun summer posts!


4 comments:

Kristin said...

you are getting tooooo skinny!

and could you possibly upload those pictures to the winchester ward shutterfly site? email if you haven't seen it yet and i will forward you the link
kristin.fuller@yahoo.com

Annie said...

That was a fun ward picnic! Glad we got to hang out this summer!

HeatherH said...

You look sooooo good! I can't wait to see you (and be jealous because I'm still chubby . . .)!

Chels said...

That looks like a really fun ward activity! You did a great job making the bikes festive for cheap!

I actually like the sourpuss face! There's something wrong with a kid that's smiling all the time!

I agree with comment #3!! What have you been up to-- early morning workouts? You are beautiful and always have been! Where did you get the cute dress?

p.s. I was 'here' within the first few hours of you posting, I just didn't comment then! ☺