Friday, August 27, 2010

It's Been a Fun summer! (Part 4)


Sorry about the lame post titles, but it has been a fun summer! And this post is all about probably one of my favorite things this summer! Rocky and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in July, and for our anniversary we got to go to Disneyland and Club 33 - without kids! First we started the day at California Adventure and rode some of the best rides ever! In this picture, you can see one of the rides we rode, the roller coaster. We spent the day with 2 of my favorite people, Lenny and Anna, Rocky's brother and his wife. I love spending time with them!

Here we are standing in line for the Toy Story ride, another awesome ride. Mr. Potato Head was keeping us entertained during our wait!

As we walked around California Adventure we kept seeing these green army men driving by. We loved them so much I had to snap a couple of pictures! They are the army men from Toy Story. They were talking to the kids and telling them to be good students
and listen to their parents!

We also rode the Tower of Terror - my favorite - and Soaring over California, another awesome ride. Then it was time to head over to Disneyland for some more rides. But not before we stopped in front of the big letter N and took a picture.


At Disneyland we rode Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Buzz Light Year. It was so much more crowded at Disneyland than California Adventure, so we didn't get to ride as much, plus, we had to hurry up and change clothes so we could go to Club 33!!!! You may be wondering - what is Club 33, and why is it so special? It's a very exclusive club in Disneyland, in the New Orleans area, and you have to have a membership to get in, or go with someone who does, and the waiting list to get a membership is like 14 years because they only issue a limited number of memberships per year. It is a restaurant that was started by Walt Disney years ago, and still maintains its somewhat "secret" status. For more pictures and a little bit more history, you can visit my sister-in-law Anna's blog, here:

So we changed into some nicer clothes (they have a dress code) and made our way over to Club 33!!!! We were so excited that we could hardly wait. When we got there, we had a little bit of time to wait, so we snapped a few pictures. You can see the "33" sign - that is the only way that the restaurant is identified. Most people walking by probably don't even know what it is.
In this picture Anna is showing how to use the intercom that you have to speak into when you arrive so they can check and see if you are actually on the reservation list. Don't have a reservation under a member's name? Sorry, you won't be getting in!

Once we got inside it was fun to see all the props that have been used in old movies, and see how the restaurant has maintained the historical quality of when Walt Disney created it. When we got to our table, they pulled out our chairs for us, put our napkins on our laps, and were always close by if we needed anything. At one point during dinner, we got up from our table to go out on the balcony to watch the fireworks, and when we came back to our table our chairs had been pushed in, our water glasses refilled, our silverware straightened, and our napkins refolded! They did that every time we left the table! So on to the food. I took a picture of each of our courses - Rocky had a 5 course meal, and I had a 3 course meal.
Here are the pictures of my courses:

Appetizer - delicious!
Main course - delicious!
Dessert - delicious!
Everything we had was fabulous! I don't remember the name of anything I had, but I loved every bite! And the presentation of each dish was beautiful (hence, the pictures!). I was impressed! Then, finally, here is a picture of the toilet. Too unique not to take a picture! The bathroom itself was also so quaint and charming. I took home a few paper towels from the bathroom as souvenirs (they had "33" embossed on them).

We had such a fun day! Even though we missed the kids, going to Disneyland without the kids is THE way to go! I got to ride all of my favorite rides, didn't have to mess with a stroller and stroller parking, and didn't have to make sure every 2 seconds that the kids were accounted for. And it was fun to spend time with Rocky - it was in celebration of our anniversary after all! And just because I don't want to end this post with a picture of a toilet,
here's one more cute picture of us!

4 comments:

Chels said...

Sweet! 10 years......happiness that you were able to have a really great time together without kids!!

I've never heard of Club 33 but now I'm completely jealous! ☺

I would have taken pics of the toilet too!

You DID have a fun summer!

Tricia said...

how fun!!! I loved the picture tour of club 33......oh my gosh, the toilet is so funny! I wish I'd realized how exclusive it was before. I had no idea. one of our friends who used to live in our ward has been a bar tender there for over 25 years. he got us into d-land for my birthday, but he never mentioned how exclusive his job was.....lol.....doh! oh well.

happy anniversary, and congrats on 10 years! here's to many more happy years.

Natalie said...

Congrats on your anniversary.

I had fun catching up on your blog. Your family is so cute and you look great.

I can't wait to see you again and catch up in person.

Hugs.

Halo BW said...

Summer well spent! Congratulations!

https://www.cekaja.com/info/pengertian-perdagangan-internasional