Thursday, December 4, 2008

Guessing Game - What's in the bag?

If you guessed a poopy Princess Pull-up and about a gazillion wipies, you would be partially right.  If you guessed puked-on jammies that will never see the inside of a washing machine (only because just yesterday I finished washing 2 sheets, 2 pillowcases, 4 blankets, 6 stuffed animals AND 2 pairs of jammies for the same reason), you would be partially right.  If you guessed BOTH you would be right on!  Puke and Poop - that's what we've been dealing with at our house the last couple of days.  I know, not such a pretty picture!  I'll be nice and won't share any actual pictures (sorry - didn't think to take any while I was in the throes of cleaning up the aforementioned messes!). Lesson learned: Pull-up Princess diapers aren't really meant to hold runny poo.  And thank goodness for Costco wipies!  Let's just say that it's not the first time I've had to scrub poop out of the carpet.  
Oh you want to hear the about the first time do you?  It's actually quite funny, really.  So Eli was having a sleepover with his cousin Daniel at our house.  The 3 of them (Eli, Daniel, and Eva) were upstairs playing, and I was downstairs cleaning up.  They called for me about something, so I went upstairs to check on them.  While I was up there I smelled that Eva was stinky, but I was in the middle of something downstairs, and I wanted to finish that and then I would come back up and change her and get her ready for bed.  Well no sooner had I gotten back downstairs than I hear Eli and Daniel SHOUTING that Eva pooped on the floor.  CRAP! (literally!)  So I ran upstairs  and yes, I saw Eva's poop on the floor - in 3 different places.  She had actually decided to get herself ready for bed.  Even put her clothes in the hamper and diaper in the trash can, but not before the poop fell out onto the floor!  Now what, you ask? Like the darling little angel that she is, she tried to clean it up herself.  Yes, she had gone into the bathroom and gotten a washcloth then SCRUBBED it into the carpet.  Which I then had to scrub right back out.  I just stood there, not even knowing where to start - the naked baby with poopy hands, or the poo just staring at me, threatening to stain our beautiful carpet the longer it sat there.  Sorry to say that the carpet won.  Eli cleaned Eva's hands for me.  So there you have it.  The story of the first time I had to scrub poop out of the carpet.  Aren't you glad you asked?

6 comments:

Tricia said...

oh my gosh! too funny (now I'm the one feeling badly for laughing)...lol...

I hate poopy pukey clean up. your poor kids and poor mommy....thats the worst. gimme strep throat or the croup or something......not vomit.

well I have to say you are a smart mama.....i have had long conversations with friends about having no guilt whatsoever when permanently disposing of disgusting undies or jammies, so you are not alone.

hang in there and I hope everyone is much better very soon!

HeatherH said...

Let's get it all out of our systems before Christmas!

Boy, I totally freaked out when Ellie puked at Denae's house on Sariah's rug last week. Impossible to clean without carpet cleaner (which I had to send Troy to the store for before our birthday date, lol). I totally understand wanting to throw out the clothes, but I think I'm the type that'll feel too guilty!

Anna said...

yuck! the first week we had jacob, he pooped on the floor...luckily it was in the bathroom on the tile, and not on the carpet!

Chels said...

I'm guessing Eva has the flu?
I too admit that I couldn't help but laugh just a little. I feel for you also. Any Mommy knows what it feels like. Hope that you have no more carpet messies to scrub at (have you tried diluted vinegar or club soda?) and that all is well.

HanksFam said...

That is one of the funniest posts I have ever read. I laughed out loud and then read it to Ephraim, laughing again. But I do feel for you. It's funny when it happens to other people but not so funny when you're the one cleaning it up.

Kristy said...

Yikes! Bless her heart for trying to "help"!